Sony has released a new PS4 firmware update today that is deployed along with a new PS5 system software update. Get the details here.
This update allows users to view trophies of their PS5 games on the PS4. There are other changes made as well including to the Message app and allowing Remote Play through mobile data.
PS4 Firmware Update Changelog
Main features in the system software update
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4.
- In (Trophies), you can now view PS5 trophies in your trophy list.
- You can also view PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the [Games] tab.
- In (Messages), we’ve updated the following:
- If you’re the owner of a group, you can now delete it.
- To delete a group, open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group].
- If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
- Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won’t leave groups that include other players.
Other updated features
- On an Android or iOS/iPadOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data.
- We’ve made the following improvements to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
- The child will also receive a notification when their parent or guardian accepts, denies, or stops allowing the child to use communication features for a game.
- You can now select whether you’d like to receive notifications on your PS4 or through email about new products and special offers. To do so, go to (Settings] > (Account Management] > (Account Information] > [Communication Preferences]
Let us know if you have noticed any other changes after installing this update in the comments below.